The Artifex provides internet services on the following protocols:
- ssh (clients include putty for Windows and OpenSSH for OS X and Linux.)
- POP/SSL (on mail.artifex.org)
- IMAP/SSL (on mail.artifex.org)
- SMTP (no authentication right now; if you need authentication, please write the admin list asking someone to help you set up SSH port forwarding)
- sftp (clients include Filezilla and WinSCP for Windows and Fugu for OS X.
- webmail at https://webmail.artifex.org
POP and IMAP services both use an SSL certificate signed by the Artifex certificate authority. To avoid having to approve this certificate every time you check mail, you’ll want to install the root certificate on your machine. Please see the certificate documentation (Artifex.org root certificate) for details on how to do this.